Using the Historical Collections
The Historical Reading Room is open to all who need comfort, quiet, and a place to study or to use Ebling Library’s historical resources. For more about the Historical Collections.
If you are in need of an item listed in the Library Catalog that indicates “Ebling Library Historical Vault” please complete our online form. The item will be retrieved for you to consult in the Historical Reading Room. If you are visiting us in person, there are Vault request forms in the Historical Reading Room which you may use to request items.
Historical Services provides access to rare books and documents that are often fragile and in need of special handling to ensure their preservation. If you are using historical materials in the reading room, we ask that you observe the following guidelines:
- No food or drink is allowed.
- Only pencils are to be used for note taking.
- Never make marks or notations in the material.
- Materials never circulate or leave the Historical Reading Room.
- If you are in need of scans or photocopies, they will be made by the staff. Slips will be provided to mark the pages you would like reproduced.
- When you have finished consulting an item, it should be returned to the staff.
Exhibits or lectures may occasionally affect the hours of the HRR, but generally our hours will reflect the hours of the building.
Questions or suggestions? Contact Micaela Sullivan-Fowler