Cultural Competence & Diverse Populations
Language and Culture
- Chicano Database
- Social Science Citation Index
- Social Work Abstracts Plus
- Sociological Abstracts
CINAHL Plus with Full Text is a comprehensive source of full text for nursing & allied health journals, directly providing online full text through links within the database, or through the FIND IT button.
International Pharmaceutical AbstractsClose
IPA provides worldwide coverage of pharmaceutical science and health related literature. It indexes the literature of pharmacy practice, including state pharmacy journals, legislation, regulations, and ethics. It also includes abstracts of presentations at the annual American Association of Colleges of Pharmacy meeting.
The PsycINFO database contains more than 2.6 million citations and summaries of scholarly journal articles, book chapters, books, dissertations and technical reports, all in the field of psychology. It also includes information about psychological aspects in disciplines such as medicine, psychiatry, nursing, sociology, education, pharmacology, physiology, linguistics, anthropology, business and law.
- Art of Mindful Facilitation
- Between Two Worlds: The Hmong Shaman in America
- Color of Fear 1
- Cultural Issues in the Clinical Setting
Recommended by the National Center for Cultural Competence.
- Journey to the West: Chinese Medicine Today
- Multicultural Health Series #6040.1
- Multicultural Health Series, #6040.2
- Quality Care for Diverse Populations
- Split Horn: The Life of a Hmong Shaman in America
- Trading Beliefs: Four Hmong Families Consider Relinquishing Their Traditional Health Belief
20 minute video produced in 1997, explores the struggles of Hmong families and their health care providers to understand each other's health beliefs and practices, and to decide whether to adopt any of these unfamiliar beliefs and practices."
- Understanding Arab Communities
- Understanding East African Communities
- Understanding Latino Communities
- Western Medicine through Hmong Voices
- IME Video Library (University of Wisconsin-Madison)
The Innovations in Medical Education (IME) Video Library is a collection of free, high quality videos of educational events that have taken place at the University of Wisconsin (UW) Health Sciences Learning Center (HSLC).
- Podcast on Visual Literacy
An interview with Domenic Screnci, Ed.D. from the Health Out Loud Podcast Series about visual literacy.
- College Library Ethnic Studies Collection
- Collaborative Center for Health Equity (CCHE)
- McBurney Disability Resource Center
- Office for Equity and Diversity
- Wisconsin Express (from the Wisconsin Area Health Education Center System)
The Wisconsin Express project allows students in all areas of the health sciences schools to experience working with diverse cultural groups in Wisconsin.
Questions or suggestions? Contact Lia Vellardita