Ebling Library Toolbar from Conduit Connect (beta) - frequently used resources available as a plugin to your browser. For Firefox and Internet Explorer.
Ebling Library EBM-Clinical Resources Toolbar from Conduit Connect (beta) - recommended EBM resources available as a plugin to your browser.
National Library of Medicine Toolbar - direct search in NLM databases plus news, departmental information and more.
HONcode Toolbar - check the HONcode accreditation of a site, and search the large collection of HONCode sites.
Some Toolbar Tips:
- Your browser may alert you to an attempt to install software when downloading - you'll need to set it to allow installations from this site (you set this on a site-by-site basis)
- You can always hide your toolbar(s) by right clicking (ctrl clicking for Macs) in the area to the right of the toolbar; if you want to install multiple toolbars just choose which to show or hide at any time
- You can make changes to the toolbar components by choosing "Toolbar Options" in the dropdown menu to the right of our library logo
- Toolbar content is updated automatically for you - no need to keep reinstalling
- If you decide you no longer want the toolbar you can uninstall it either using the uninstaller or by removing it as you would any other extension (under Tools -> Add-Ons in Firefox)
Get your own personal web page for email, news, search engines, bookmarks, and much more. Don't have an iGoogle page? Get Started
- Try out the gadgets in the Gadget Gallery on this page.
- Click the button to add a gadget to your iGoogle page.
- Have an idea for a Gadget you'd like? Let us know!
- Latest Articles
- Health Journals
- Health Databases
- Quick Search
- Ebling Site Search
- PubMed Single Citation Matcher
- Article & Book Delivery
- Find It
- General Databases
- UW-Madison Libraries Site Search
- Health Current Awareness
- Health Research
- General Productivity
Ebling Health Databases
Get the same access to the article databases you use most from our home page, now from your iGoogle page. Includes PubMed, MICROMEDEX, MD Consult and more. (UpToDate restricted to these locations).
Ebling Quick Search
Search the Ebling Library site, All UW Madison sites, MadCat, WorldCat, PubMed, Medical Dictionaries, Google, or Google Scholar.
Ebling Site Search
Google Custom Search for the Ebling Library site. To search across all UW Madison libraries, try the UW Madison Library Site search above!
Single Citation Matcher
Find It requires you to have a journal title or issn to locate an article, but what if you don't know either? Locate articles from incomplete citations with the PubMed Single Citation Matcher.
Article & Book Delivery
Log in to your Article & Book Delivery account to place requests, check the status of your existing requests, and more.
UW-Madison Find It
Use Find It to get to the full text of an article, find journals online and in print, places article delivery requests and more.
UW-Madison General Databases
For your interdisciplinary research, quick access to the top 10 library databases across disciplines.
Amino Acid Mass Cal
Calculate monoisotopic & average mass properties of a peptide or protein...more
CDC Public Health Data & Statistics
Public health trends & statistics in high quality charts ...more
CDC Seasonal Flu Updates
The latest information about seasonal flu via regular updates from the CDC ...more
CDC Weekly Influenza Activity Map
Current seasonal flu activity by state as it progresses week to week throughout the flu season ...more
Search Epocrates for over 3,300 drug monographs ...more
SkinSight (was VisualDX Health)
Search for information or specific visual/skin diseases based on body location. More Tools from Skinsight.
Search academic papers posted to CiteULike. Citation tracking integrated with Google Scholar ...more
Displays your delicious bookmarks in different ways: tagrolls, links, links grouped by tags ...more
View your google documents, spreadsheets, and presentations...more
Preview up to 9 messages in your inbox. Quick link to compose a new email...more
View your Google Reader items and read any RSS or Atom feed ...more
Preview your agenda and upcoming events in your Google Calendar....more
Other Gadgets & Widgets
- National Library of Medicine - Aggregated Info and News (an über-source of NLM widgets for NetVibes)
RefGrab-It works with your browser to capture bibliographic information from web pages giving you the option to import that data into your RefWorks account.
- UW-Madison Libraries Remote Access Bookmarklet
This bookmarklet provides easy access to resources from off campus.
A customizable bioinformatics toolbar that provides access to major biological data resources.
Central Firefox Search Plugin
This plugin adds BioMed Central to the list of search engines that are available in the quick search box at the top right of every Firefox browser window
- EndNote Web Plugin
This plugin allows you to save online references directly to your EndNote library. Requires an EndNote Web account.
- ISI Web of Knowledge Search Plugin
This plugin adds Web of Knowledge to your browser's quick search box - for Firefox 2+ and IE 7+
Displays MadCat status (available, checked out, on order, etc). for books found in Amazon. Links back to MadCat record. If item is not owned on campus, links to pre-filled purchase request form.
- Post Entrez PubMed Citations to CiteULike
- Find an NCBI GenBank mtDNA full sequence on the complete human mitochondrial tree