Many publishers and content providers have temporarily unlocked resources to support remote research, teaching, and learning during this period of disruption. The resources listed below are not included in our regular collection of books, journals, and databases, but are now available to our users for a limited time. If you need assistance locating other resources or would like to request access to additional resources that may be helpful to the health sciences community, please contact the Ebling Library.
This list is evolving and being frequently updated. Last updated July 22, 2020, 11:45 am.
Elsevier Coronavirus Research Hub
Elsevier has launched the Coronavirus Research Hub, which provides individual researchers free access to 14 different Elsevier resources. Users must register their institutional email accounts to access:
- ScienceDirect: all Elsevier-published research on COVID-19
- ClinicalKey: clinical knowledgebase reflecting the latest evidence
- Embase: biomedical literature database
- SSRN: open-access online preprint community
- Pure: research collaborators & institutions related to coronavirus epidemic
- Mendeley: reference manager and researchers social network
- Mendeley Data: open research data repositories for COVID-19
- Text Mining: text analysis and semantic search engine
- Professional Services: full drug candidate profiles upon request
- Pathway Studio: knowledge base of MERS and SARS biological relationships
- Scopus: abstract and citation database of peer-reviewed literature
- Reaxys and Reaxys Medicinal Chemistry: Chemistry discover search engine
- PharmaPendium: Searchable FDA and EMA drug approval documents
- Funding Institutional: latest grant and funding opportunities for COVID-19 research
Access to these resources is available through October 28, 2020.
Books and Journals
EBSCO eBook Academic Collection Over 200,000 titles from a broad range of academic subjects and publishers. Temporarily available to all Wisconsin residents through BadgerLink courtesy of EBSCO.
ScienceDirect (Elsevier) Textbooks The 256 textbooks (Title List) currently on ScienceDirect will be automatically entitled to all active ScienceDirect customers. Expected to be available through August 30, 2020.
SpringerNatureTextbooks 407 English-language textbooks. Expected to be available until July 31, 2020.
For information about other ways you might provide students access to materials needed for a course, see the libraries’ Course Content and Instructional Continuity page.