A member of the 2-year medical school class of 1910 and 1911, Dr. Richardson spent a year as Dr. William Snow Miller’s assistant in Histology and Neuroanatomy. During his subsequent career in Radiology he collected a significant library of important titles in the history of medicine. He began to contribute some of these volumes to the library in 1950, and eventually donated around 300 titles, including an incunabule and a 1555 edition of Vesalius.
Dr. Richardson’s dedication to the history of medicine also led him to donate funds to obtain other significant materials. One of these collections was the anatomical books collected by Dr. Edgar Goldschmid, which bolstered the library’s holdings in this field and helped Dr. Richardson reach his goal of making the medical school library’s collections an outstanding center for research in the history of medicine.