In response to the developing COVID-19 impact, the Ebling Library is coordinating closely with SMPH and campus on the necessary path forward to ensure the health and well-being of our library staff and patrons. We are fully aware that the transition to online classes may create issues for those who wish to access our library and services. Nearly all of our services and most of our materials will still be available to students, staff, and faculty learning and working remotely.
Update: 4-8-2020 -The Health Sciences Learning Center (including Ebling Library) is now closed to all visitors until further notice.
Due dates and returning materials
- Materials due March 23-April 10: Dates are being shifted to later in the year (including ILL)
- If an item is due, please keep it until we are back open. If you are charged late/lost item fees, we can remove them upon the item’s return.
- Please do not return any items or equipment (laptops, cameras, headphones, etc.) to our library. If you need to return materials you can do so at the Memorial Library welcome desk weekdays between 12-4. Any accrued fees will be removed.
Requesting materials and interlibrary loan
- We will attempt to keep our interlibrary library loan services for electronic articles functioning. We have heard that several libraries across the country are ceasing operations, so there may be a delay. We will do best we can to find a library to fill a request.
Renew materials online
- UW-Madison students, staff and other Library Card holders can renew checked out materials online.
ASK a Librarian
- Have a question? Contact us via chat or email. At this time, we expect chat services to continue.
- Librarian liaisons will be available for remote consultations via phone and email. Librarians may choose to schedule a virtual consultation with you via a web-conferencing tool such as WebEx. There may be delays in response time. Thanks for understanding.
Online Collections and Materials
- The UW-Madison Libraries provide remote access to electronic books, journals, databases, and more for students and staff.
- Search our Catalog: Check the “Available Online” box to only get results that are accessible online. For health-specific books, see our online book collection.
- Choose a Database: We have online databases of scholarly articles, books, media, and more for all disciplines, and almost all of them are available off-campus. For health-specific databases, see our database collection.