Employer: Ebling Library for the Health Sciences – 3 positions
Gain valuable knowledge of health science resources and services while being paid to help a dynamic group of faculty, staff and students. The Ebling Library team of librarians will train you in the use of
- Core health science databases
- Evidence based medicine tenets
- Point of care resources
- Current awareness tools
- Citation managers
- Research impact tools
Ebling Library is looking for iSchool students to help our patrons at our combined service and reference desk continuing until your graduation.
- Approximately 15 hours per week depending upon your class schedule and those of the other iSchool students on this team
- Weekdays hours required
- Some weekend hours probable
Summary of Responsibilities
- Staff the service / reference desk
- Provide assistance in person, via phone and chat
- Answer questions about the use of library resources, collections, equipment, etc.
- Refer questions as appropriate to Ebling staff or other campus libraries
- Work on projects as assigned and meet all project deadlines
- Represent Ebling Library in a welcoming, helpful and professional manner
Requirements / Qualifications
- Accepted or current graduate student at the UW-Madison Information School
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Self-motivation with a desire to learn
- Ability to collaborate with team members
- Follow through when working on independent projects
- Reference desk or other customer service experience
- Interest in health or life sciences
- Experience with UW-Madison campus libraries services and resources
About Ebling Library
Ebling Library is located in the Health Sciences Learning Center, a beautiful facility at the west end of campus. Our primary users are the faculty, staff and students of the UW-Madison School of Medicine and Public Health, the School of Pharmacy, the School of Nursing and the UW Hospital and Clinics. We also serve the rest of the UW-Madison campus as well as citizens of Wisconsin.
Contact Heidi Marleau.