This is an accordion element with a series of buttons that open and close related content panels.

How do I reserve a room at the HSLC?

Anyone with a NetID can reserve a room at the HSLC although priority is given to classroom or clinical instruction. Consult https://www.med.wisc.edu/our-campus/hslc/room-reservations/. Contact Classroom & AV Support at 261-1934 with questions. Note that the Ebling Library no longer maintains the group study rooms on third floor.

Do you have this article?

If you are confident that you have a correct citation, the Library Citation Search (formerly FindIt) can tell you if we have it online or in print, and will lead you to Article & Book Delivery where you can request the article. If you have a partial, incomplete, or uncertain citation, try PubMed Single Citation Matcher and use the FindIt link in the citation.

Do you have a lost and found?

Yes, we do. Stop by our service desk, or call us at (608) 262-2020. Valuable items are stored in a safe and are generally not retrievable after 4:30 PM and on weekends.

How do I cite this?

See Citation Management & Style Guides for style manuals online, in print and more.

How do I find Journal Impact Factors?

Use Journal Citation Reports. For alternatives and more information, see the Impact Factors & Bibliometrics Guide.

How do I donate money or materials to the Ebling Library?

See our Gifts & Donations page for details.

How do I submit / access course reserves?

To submit reserves, use our Reserves Requests Form. To access course reserves, use Canvas. For more information, see our Ebling Course Reserves page or the campus Canvas Information page.

How do I access electronic resources from off-site?

If you have a valid Wiscard and an activated NetID, you can access electronic resources off-site. Citrix users should be able to access electronic resources using U-Connect. For more information, visit our Remote Services page.

Can I renew the books I have checked out?

Usually you can use your MadCat account to check on and renew books you have checked out, as well as find out the status of recalls, and fine or fee information and more. Log in at the My Library Account page with your 11 digit UW-Madison ID.

Do you have color printing and scanning?

Yes. Color printing is $.50 per page and requires a Wiscard or Guest Card. Print jobs are sent to a separate color release station in the lower floor copy center. Both the upstairs and downstairs copy centers have a scanner which can send scans to e-mail, a usb flash drive or the black and white or color printer. More information is available at Print/Copy/Scan.

Can the general public use the library?

Yes – we are open to and serve the public during the week. Weekend access is only available to Wiscard holders. See our new hours announcement for details.

Where is the Ebling Symposium Center?

The Center is located at 1550 Linden Dr. in the Microbial Sciences Building. Find more information about the Center and its events at http://www.chem.wisc.edu/category/room/ebling-symposium-center-microbial-sciences-building.  Ebling Library is only connected to the Center by the contributor’s name. The relative locations of the Ebling Library and Ebling Symposium Center can be seen on this map.

Do you have this book / journal / video / etc.?

Check the Library Catalog to find resources from UW Madison campus libraries. Use the Library Catalog UW System search to check all UW libraries.

You don't have this book / journal / video / etc. How can I get it?

Use the campus libraries’ Article & Book Delivery service.

You don't have this article. How can I get it?

You don't have this book, journal, or other type of resource. How can I request a purchase?

Use our Suggest a Title form.

Do you proctor exams?

Ebling staff will proctor exams for health sciences students or other individuals taking health sciences exams. Please contact us at least seven days in advance of your exam with the form here:


Please state when you wish to take the exam and how long the exam will take, along with any other requirements. In addition, please confirm all necessary permissions and forms with your profession prior to taking the exam. One of our staff will contact you to make arrangements.

Can I access Health Link or other clinical systems in the Ebling Library?

No. The Ebling library is public space, and therefore not an appropriate location for viewing confidential patient records. Use of Health Link in public locations is prohibited by UW Health policy.

I have another question that isn’t answered here!

No problem. We are here to help! Please contact us and we will get back to you shortly.