Employer: Ebling Library for the Health Sciences
Ebling Library is looking for an iSchool student to help our patrons at our combined service and reference desk continuing until your graduation.
Gain valuable knowledge of health science resources and services while being paid to help a dynamic group of faculty, staff and students. The Ebling Library team of librarians will train you in the use of
- Core health science databases
- Evidence based medicine tenets
- Point of care resources
- Current awareness tools
- Citation managers
- Research impact tools
- Approximately 12-16 hours per week depending upon your class schedule and other available staff
- Weekdays hours required mostly between 9:00 am – 5:00 pm
Summary of Responsibilities
- Staff the service / reference desk
- Provide assistance in person, via phone and chat
- Answer questions about the use of library resources, collections, equipment, etc.
- Refer questions as appropriate to Ebling staff or other campus libraries
- Work on projects as assigned and meet all project deadlines
- Represent Ebling Library in a welcoming, helpful and professional manner
Requirements / Qualifications
- Accepted or current graduate student at the UW-Madison Information School
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Self-motivated with a desire to learn
- Ability to collaborate with team members
- Follow through when working on independent projects
- Reference desk or other customer service experience
- Interest in health or life sciences
- Experience with UW-Madison campus libraries services and resources
About Ebling Library
Ebling Library is located in the Health Sciences Learning Center, a beautiful facility at the west end of campus. Our primary users are the faculty, staff and students of the UW-Madison School of Medicine and Public Health, the School of Pharmacy, the School of Nursing and the UW Hospital and Clinics. We also serve the rest of the UW-Madison campus as well as citizens of Wisconsin.
Contact Lia Vellardita.