The Ebling Library for the Health Sciences will be hosting the National Library of Medicine Traveling Exhibit, Against the Odds: Making a Difference in Global Health, from October 25th to December 3rd, 2010. In conjunction with this important exhibit, which will be displayed in the Health Sciences Learning Center Atrium, we will also host a photographic display in the 3rd floor Ebling Galleries.
We are inviting UW–Madison students, faculty, and staff who have worked or studied in a global health setting to submit up to five photographs for the exhibit. A reception will be held during the opening week of the Against the Odds exhibit. This is your chance to share your work and the vision of UW’s Center for Global Health: “to promote interdisciplinary education, research and partnerships to address health issues that transcend national boundaries, and to contribute to sustainable health improvements for populations throughout the world.”
These photos will be used for educational, artistic purposes; therefore we are not requiring photographic subject release forms- however, the expectation is that these photos are taken in a respectful, non-exploitative manner. Please refer to these Unite for Sight guidelines as a template for your photographic endeavors.
1) Service: clinical care, fieldwork (such as setting up a clean water station), home visits, administering vaccinations, building a clinic, assisting with livestock, food production, disaster relief, etc.
2) People: you and your friends/colleagues in an international health care setting, local populations you worked with, etc.
3) No landscape/scenery photographs, please.
Submission requirements and criteria:
1) Photographs should have been taken in the past 5 years (i.e., no earlier than 2006).
2) Photographs must be framed and/or wired for display.
3) Submissions must be received by September 30th, 2010.
4) Submissions must include a short description of the photo’s context and story.
Final choices will be based on display space and number of submissions received. Please contact Micaela at firstname.lastname@example.org or 608 262-2402, with any questions about categories, framing, etc. Thank you for your submission.