Like PubMed® and Bookshelf, PubMed Central® (PMC) has undergone a facelift, not only to enhance its overall look and feel but also to provide users with easier access to PMC resources and information.
Specific improvements include:
- A revamped homepage, which offers better navigation through the site as well as direct access to resources such as the Users’ Guide and NIH Public Access information
- Redesigned Advanced Search and Limits pages
- An updated search results format
- Direct access to images in PMC articles
- A new organization and updated appearance for PMC’s informational pages, including drop-down menus for navigation links
For more information on these changes, see the full story, at http://1.usa.gov/oCxZnh.
Fogelman M. A Brand New Look for PubMed Central. NLM Tech Bull. 2011 Jul-Aug;(381):e5.