The Ebling Library will host its second Health Sciences Faculty, Staff, and employee Art Show, called “Off The Clock,” from November 6th, 2014 through January 9 th, 2015. The Opening Reception will be from 4:00-6:00 on Thursday, November 6th from 4:00-6:00.
This collegial art show is for those working on the west side health sciences campus. If you work for the UW Hospital & Clinics, Waisman Center, VA Hospital, WIMR, American Family Children’s Hospital, Ebling Library, Schools of Medicine & Public Health, Pharmacy, Nursing or Veterinary Medicine, we encourage you to submit your sketches, paintings, photographs, fabric arts, woodwork, etc. for this fabulous show. The pieces will be on Ebling’s third floor galleries as well as in the Historical Reading Room. Last year we had over 80 submissions from departmental assistants, surgeons, cafeteria employees, librarians, fellows, etc.
Paint something, photograph something, collage something, knit something, carve something, sculpt something. Think in creative ways the next couple of months- then get the result to Micaela.
Deadline for Submissions and what we need from you by Friday, October 31st in Room 3315 in Ebling Library.
1) Name of piece, and medium.
2) Whether it can be sold, and for what price. (We can offer advice on pricing)
3) Your name, degree if you’d like, and institutional affiliation. (John Smith, M.D./Waisman Center)
4) Piece should be framed and WIRED (the wire should be on the back, from one side of frame to other). If this is problematic, we can put it flat in one of our display cases. If it is three dimensional, we can figure something out.
5) You can submit from 3-5 pieces, depending on their size.
Call Micaela. 608 262-2402 or firstname.lastname@example.org