Dear Health Sciences Students-
A bit of a head’s up as you start your new semester. In your tiny amounts of free time, think about photography, sketching, painting, quilting, stain glass…because…
The Ebling Library will host the 9th annual Health Sciences Student Art exhibit from April 9th to May 8th, 2015. The Opening Reception for you, your family and friends, will be from 4:00-6:00 on Thursday, April 9th.
Last year we had over 80 pieces from the Schools of Nursing, Pharmacy, Veterinary Medicine, SMPH, Occupational Therapy, Kinesiology, Physician’s Assistants, etc. Some of the artists even sold their work.The pieces will be on the Third floor gallery walls (where you can now see the “Off the Clock,” exhibit, the work of faculty, staff & employees.) Here’s a little sampling from last year’s show…
So, paint something, photograph something, collage something, draw something. Unearth works of art from high school or undergraduate school. This year the display of 3-D objects may be abbreviated, so consult with Micaela if you have 3-Dimensional work.
Pieces should be delivered to Micaela by April 3rd, 2014 in Room 3315 in Ebling Library.
What we need from you:
1) Name of piece, and medium.
2) Whether it can be sold, and for what price. Ebling takes a 20% commission.
3) Your name, school and year. (John Smith, 2nd Yr. Vet Med…)
4) Ideally the pieces should be WIRED (on the back of the frame, from one side to the other). Issues, let Micaela know.
5) Each artist may submit 1-3 pieces, depending on their size. Again, ask Micaela if you have questions.
Call Micaela. 608 262-2402. or text, 608 658-8821 or e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org